by Toon Van Rossum, Switch Product Manager
Prepress made easy
Not every publisher works with a professional staff, this is even more true for the customers of the Catholic Printery.
The Catholic Printery (CPI, Inc.) was built on the premise that every church, regardless of size, should have the ability to communicate with their parishioners and their surrounding community. With that as their guiding mission, CPI has emerged as leading print provider for churches and other organizations across the west coast, including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Hawaii.
Every day the Catholic Printery receives documents from volunteers, some of which are retired and by no means computer experts. By automating repetitive tasks like color corrections and converting old Word formats, low-quality PDF files and other file formats to print-ready documents, CPI was able to save roughly 10 hours a week of rather boring manual labor.
How did Switch make this happen?
- Color corrections, profile changes, image enhancements, page scaling and a host of font-related fixes are achieved automatically
- Files from many different sources and in many different formats (including legacy versions of Microsoft Office documents) are converted automatically
- Every customer has a custom automated workflow making regular publications a simple task
- Electronic versions of the publications are created automatically for use on customers’ websites
- Switch replaces several software packages which makes expensive upgrades for software suites no longer necessary